Mental health is a state of wellbeing in which the individual realizes his or her own potential. can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully. And is able to make a contribution to her or his community. Mental health care is an essential part of community services. And needs to be readily available for all people who need mental health care. It has been clearly shown that people with serious mental illnesses have a lower quality of life. A higher risk of premature death, and a greater likely hood of living in poverty.
Let’s explore the top hospitals in Pakistan with mental health units.
Mental health care units of the most famous hospitals in Pakistan
- Urdu Bipolar Disorder Association of Pakistan
- Hamdard Psychiatric Hospital
- The Aga Khan University Hospital
- Khan Research Psychiatry Center
- Ayub Medical College
- Liaqat National Hospital
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHNS)
- Hamdard University Medical and Dental College
The Zaibunnisa Hospital has a mental health unit, which offers both in-patient and out-patient services. The hospital has a 12-bed in-patient unit that provides residential care for patients. Out-patient services are also offered at the hospital’s mental health unit, with therapists available 5 days a week.
There are several other hospitals in Karachi that offer mental health services.
Services at Pakistan’s top hospitals for mental health include:
- Mental health assessment and treatment
- Individual and group psychotherapy
- Family therapy
- Crisis intervention
- Substance abuse counseling
- Counseling for children with mental health problems
- Medication management and psychiatric consultations
- Multi-discipline evaluation and diagnosis, including electroencephalograms (EEGs) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), scans.
Pakistan Institute of Mental Health is one of the largest mental health care providers in Pakistan. It has facilities for 100 patients at any given time, and it admits an average of 1,000 patients every year.
Services offered by mental health units
Mental health units are geared towards providing care for people struggling with serious mental illnesses. They offer both inpatient and outpatient services.
Services available at mental health units include:
- -diagnosis and treatment of the illness
- -support groups where patients can discuss their experiences
- -family therapy
- -specialized care for children with mental health conditions
- -support for family members, friends, and caregivers of those suffering from mental illness
Mental health is a topic that many people may not be familiar with. It’s an issue that doesn’t get talked about often. And it’s important to understand what the different types of mental health issues are. In Pakistan, mental health care units offer a variety of services to people. Who is struggling with their mental health, from inpatient stays to outpatient visits?
In this article, we will look at the mental health care units of the most famous hospitals in Pakistan. We will go over what services are offered and how people can get in touch with a therapist or psychiatrist if they need one.
Zaibunnisa Hospital offers inpatient stays, outpatient visits, and a variety of other services to individuals who need mental health care. They have a team of professionals who work to provide high-quality care to patients, and they have a team of therapists on-site who can provide services such as individual counseling, group therapy, and family therapy.
In conclusion, Zaibunnisa Hospital is a great place to get mental health care from professionals who understand what it takes to work with people struggling with different types of mental health issues.